Want to pay less in bills toward your property this month… and next month?
Whether you have tenants in it or not, here are 5 ways that you can reduce your monthly bills on a property that you own (and estimated monthly savings).
1. Refinance ($100+ per/month) — Refinancing your loan is one of the best ways to save. If you really want lower monthly payments and don’t care about paying more to interest over the life of the loan, then you can refinance to a longer-term loan. Or, if you have good credit, you can refinance to get a better interest rate.
2. Eliminate Mortgage Insurance ($100 – $200/month) — If you have 20% or more equity on your house and good credit, you might be able to cancel your mortgage insurance. It’s definitely worth asking your lender if that would be an option for you.
3. Rent Out Part Of Your Home ($300+/month) — Looking to downsize? Why not rent out some of that extra space instead? In today’s world, you can even rent out a bedroom to digital nomads, students, or seasonal visitors.
4. Try Out An App Like Truebill ($100/year) — If you don’t have tenants who are paying for monthly services, you might consider using Truebill, which is an app that can negotiate with your house’s service providers to decrease your annual bills by $100 or more per year.
5. Programmable Thermostat (10%-30% of energy bill) — Purchasing a programmable thermostat can help you save on energy bills every month so you’re not running the heat or AC when you don’t need to be.
Or if the house you own is more hassle than all this is worth and you’d rather sell it for cash, give us a call at (610) 569-9042 and we’ll make you a fair offer within the next 48 hours.